Effective ways to Boost Collagen Naturally
Collagen is the primary building block of your body’s skin, muscles, bones, tendons and ligaments and other connective tissues. When we have a lot of collagen in our bodies, our skin is smooth, firm, and supple. However from about the age of 20, collagen production slows down. It’s also damaged over time by hormones, stress, poor nutrition, pollution and sun exposure. This results in the visible signs of ageing so many of us are concerned about.
And whilst you may have heard of collagen-boosting supplements and even drinks that can be consumed to counteract collagen loss, in this article we’ll introduce you to better ways to boost collagen naturally.
Natural Ways to Boost Collagen Production
1. Stay Hydrated and Eat WellStaying hydrated and eating a well balanced diet are two of the best ways to naturally boost collagen in the skin (and body). You should also cut out sugar and limit your alcohol intake as both cause dehydration and collagen to become brittle.
- Aim to drink at least 2 litres of water daily.
- Eat a balanced diet which consists of green leafy vegetables, beans, whole grains, nuts and fruits and a moderate amount of seafood, meats, poultry, dairy and eggs.
- Refer to the Mediterranean diet for inspiration.
2. Boost Your Levels of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally in the skin and works alongside collagen. Where collagen firms the skin, hyaluronic acid nourishes and hydrates the collagen.
You can naturally boost your levels of Hyaluronic Acid by:
- Eating more beans, soy and root vegetables.
- Applying it topically to the skin. Intense Hydration Hyaluronic Acid promotes the production of collagen, enhancing the skin from the inside.
3. Use Natural Collagen Boosting Skincare
Even a healthy lifestyle can benefit from a ‘boost’ when it comes to collagen production. Essano Collagen Boost skincare range is enriched with active plant-based extracts such as Rosehip Oil, Schisandra Chinensis Berry Oil and Plant Peptides to improve collagen production, elasticity and firmness. Using essano's dedicated Collagen Boost range of skincare is an excellent way to give your skin an extensive, all over collagen boost.
4. Protect Your Skin from the Sun
Whilst limiting exposure to the sun doesn’t boost collagen production, sun exposure can speed up collagen breakdown - potentially undoing all the good work you’ve put in elsewhere. Remember to cover up and always apply a sunscreen or essano moisturiser with sunscreen, before going outside.
If you’re ready to commit to rejuvenating elasticity, resilience and firmness, with an all over collagen boost, consider supplementing your healthy lifestyle with our Collagen Boost Natural Skincare Bundle.
Scalp Care 101: Understanding the Skinification of Hair
The Future of Skincare is Here and its Happy
Sleep: The Best Kept Secret For Glowing Skin
Copper Peptides: The Secret to more Youthful Looking Skin
The 6 Reasons You Should be Using Rosehip Oil
7 Skincare Resolutions You’ll Actually Want To Keep
Holiday Skincare Essentials
How to Choose the Perfect Christmas Gifts
5 Reasons to Include a Facial Oil in your Skincare Routine
Your Ultimate Natural Beauty Gift Guide