How to control oily skin in 3 simple steps
When it comes to oily skin, it can be tough to know what you should do to help balance your skin’s oil production. An excess of oil produced can cause a troublesome T-zone or breakouts. This is why we now have our NEW range, Oil Control Niacinamide!
There are three steps in our newest skincare range to help you mattify skin and clear your pores for that worry-free confidence – it's simple!
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 that works to gently help control your skin’s oil production by balancing the healthy bacteria on your skin (a.k.a. skin’s microbiota). Niacinamide works to replenish essential skin lipids in your skin barrier which means your skin will stop over-producing oil. The result? Skin that is not too dry and not too oil – perfectly balanced.
In this range, we’ve also added the benefit of Zinc. This works in conjunction with Niacinamide to help control sebum production – another type of oil that your skin produces. Sebum can clog your pores, which is often one of the causes of breakouts. Zinc can help to balance your skin by gently moisturising without overloading with oils.
Step 1: Deep Pore Gel Cleanser
What it does:
Start with a blank canvas – a clean face. Our Oil Control Niacinamide Deep Pore Cleanser gently removes oil and dirt from your skin, targeting blemishes in particular. This helps to improve redness and congestion in your skin.
Step 2: Balancing Toner
What it does:
Once your skin is clean, you want to prep it for any skincare products with our Oil Control Niacinamide Balancing Toner. This is the first step to restoring any moisture in your skin after cleansing and works to target excess oil and shine. It’ll also leave your skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
Step 3: Oil-Free Moisturiser
What it does:
A moisturiser is always needed – even if you think your skin is too oily. Remember, you want to replenish moisture in your skin, not oils. Our Oil Control Niacinamide Oil-Free Moisturiser is lightweight and will leave your skin shine-free yet hydrated. This in turn can aid with uneven skin tone and redness, working to control sebum with Niacinamide. You’ll feel smoother, softer and more balanced skin.
As needed: Rapid-Action Spot Gel
What it does:
Tackle blemishes and breakouts with our powerful Oil Control Niacinamide Rapid-Action Spot Gel. It’s designed to be fast-working, helping to unclog pores and reduce the appearance of spots to leave your skin clean and clear.
This spot gel combines Niacinamide with purifying Willow Bark Extract, a naturally-occurring form of salicylic acid, helping to reduce breakouts and congestion.
Tips for oily skin
- Our Oil Control Niacinamide range has been designed to work together, so we recommend you reach for our Starter Pack as a trial. This includes mini sizes of these four products – perfect for travel or for your gymbag or handbag when you’re on the go!
- Another product we highly recommend is our Skin Tone Perfector Niacinamide Serum. This should be applied to your skin after toning and spot gel, but before your moisturiser. 10% Niacinamide + 5% Acetyl Glucosamine can also help to improve your skin texture, reduce redness and clear congestion.
- Patch-test first! Before you introduce any new products into your regime, dab a small amount behind your ear and wait 24 hours before you incorporate these products into your skincare.
- Start the first step (cleanse) with clean hands. Your fingers are your best skincare tools to massage each product into your skin so you'll want to make sure these are squeaky clean before applying our Oil Control Niacinamide range.
- Consistency is key to ‘teach’ your skin to balance oil production. We recommend you stick to our Oil Control regime for 14-30 days to start seeing results.
No More Thirsty Skin With essano Hydration+
Moisture Magic: A Guide to Revitalizing Skin and Hair Hydration
Biggest Skincare Myths Around Vitamin C, Debunked!
Gift Me Gorgeous: Beauty Gifts You Should Gift Yourself
NZ Herald-Approved: Why Our Needle-Free Filler Serum Stands Out
essano Hand & Body Washes: Clean, Luxurious, and Naturally Effective
The Top 5 Skincare Myths Debunked
The Secret to Beautiful Strong Hair Starts With Caring for Your Scalp
Skincare Tweaks and Tips For Radiant Winter Skin
Our Guide to Caring for your Skin During (and After) Menopause