The 8 amazing oils and extracts behind our Vitamin C Super Glow Facial Oil
We love vitamin C, so much in fact, we’ve created a whole skincare range around this one amazing ingredient!
The latest addition to our Vitamin C Brightening range is our Vitamin C Super Glow Facial Oil. It harnesses the power of vitamin C to nourish and boost your skin’s radiance.
We’ve developed this 5% vitamin C oil to be low-irritation, non-greasy and easily absorbed to help brighten dull skin with the power of eight natural oils and extracts. The essano team behind the development of this super oil selected these ingredients very carefully, and you’ll soon learn why that is.
5% stable Vitamin C
Our 5% strength Vitamin C Super Glow Facial Oil is small but mighty. We’ve also specifically chosen to use vitamin C that is stable – this means it won’t cause skin irritation, doesn’t increase the chances of sunburn and can be used with our Concentrated Serums range.
For those who may not know much about Vitamin C, it is a powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidant. It can be easily be absorbed trans-dermally - through your skin. This ingredient is well-known to prevent hyperpigmentation and reduce the appearance of excess melanin in your skin, helping to even out skin tone and promoting a glowing complexion.
Vitamin C also helps to activate collagen in your skin, accelerating the production of it (to keep you looking youthful) and prevents further signs of ageing by providing protection against UV and DNA damage caused by external stressors such as pollution, smoke, sun exposure. All in all, vitamin C is a pretty amazing ingredient to add to your skincare regime!
To enhance the incredible properties of vitamin C, we’ve combined it with the following beneficial oils:
Purified Turmeric Extract
- Known as “the golden spice of India”.
- A popular natural root used to treat inflammation with its powerful antioxidant properties.
- Reduces oxidative stress.
- Clinically proven to improve skin radiance, skin tone.
- Helps to reduce depth and appearance of wrinkles.
Jojoba Seed Oil
- One of the only known plant sources that help to replenish wax esters in our skin’s sebum. This helps to protect and moisturise skin.
- Easily absorbed into the deeper layers of our skin to nourish and regenerate skin cells.
- Helps to soothe dry, itchy and sensitive skin.
- Prevents clogged pores
Blue Seakale Leaf Extract
- A marine plant that contains a lot of skin-loving vitamins.
- Can stimulate your cell activity, collagen production and ceramide synthesis.
- Works to protect cells from collagen-damaging UVA rays.
- Helps reinforces your hydrolipidic barrier – the natural protective layer of sebum, lipids, water and sweat on the topmost layer of your skin.
- Results in skin that is less reactive and sensitive, usually two factors that contribute to ageing.
Meadowfoam Seed Oil
- Contains more than 98% long-chain fatty acids, making this one of the most stable vegetable oils around, meaning it has a long shelf life without losing effectiveness.
- Makes your skin feel soft without a greasy after-feel.
- Helps to inhibit enzymes that slow down collagen production and also aids in offsetting UVB light exposure (sunburn).
- Preps your skin for better penetration of actives.
DEFENSIL®-PLUS – three oils in one
- Considered first aid for inflamed skin.
- Combines blackcurrant seed oil, balloon vine extract and sunflower oil plus rosemary extract
- Blackcurrant and sunflower oil in particular helps with stressed, sensitive and irritated skin, effectively reducing inflammatory processes
- Balloon vine extract is a natural, plant-based alternative to hydrocortisone, a steroid that is commonly used to treat dry and irritated skin such as eczema flare-ups.
- Clinically proven to prevent inflammation and allergic reactions in skin.
The Future of Skincare is Here and its Happy
Sleep: The Best Kept Secret For Glowing Skin
Copper Peptides: The Secret to more Youthful Looking Skin
The 6 Reasons You Should be Using Rosehip Oil
7 Skincare Resolutions You’ll Actually Want To Keep
Holiday Skincare Essentials
How to Choose the Perfect Christmas Gifts
5 Reasons to Include a Facial Oil in your Skincare Routine
Your Ultimate Natural Beauty Gift Guide
The Perfect Skincare Routine for your 50’s and Beyond